These backing plates are made of slightly more rigid polyurethane to give a little more boost to cutting yet maintaining a decent amount of flexibility to run through curves. A backing plate does not just fixes the pad onto the polisher, in fact, it greatly affects handling and cutting performance too.
This 5″ Flexible Backing Plate features Hook & Loop backing to accommodate our 5.5″ to 6.5″ pads. Change pads quickly and easily by pulling one off and pressing another onto the backing plate.
HIGH-STRENGTH MOULDED URETHANE
- Choose from our full line of moulded urethane backing plates.
- GRIP EASY Edge for fast, easy pad changes
- Durable moulded polyurethane construction
- Flexible center hub ideal for surface contours
- Plated steel threaded insert
- Steel reinforced inner construction
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
GRIP EASY EDGE
– Easy plate removal for quick pad changes
– Prolongs life of loop material on pads
MOLDED POLYURETHANE CONSTRUCTION
– Hook material moulded into plate eliminates delamination
– Flexible edge
FLEXIBLE PLASTIC CENTER HUB
– Ideal for transitions from flat to contoured surfaces
– Reduces risk of spot heating
PLATED STEEL THREADED INSERT
– Will not cross-thread
REINFORCED INNER CONSTRUCTION
– Steel struts moulded into center hub for superior strength
These are the best backing plates you can buy for your Rotary Polisher which is made of moulded Urethane. This material is flexible yet incredibly durable.
These backing plates last through countless, rigorous uses without falling apart or becoming unbalanced. Balancing is essential when it comes to polishers because an unbalanced plate will bounce, leaving an uneven finish. The reinforced inner construction uses steel struts moulded into the center hub to give the plate stability and maintain an even surface for your pad.
Another benefit of urethane is its resistance to heat. The Flexible Backing Plate minimizes the transfer of heat from the motor to the paint to prevent burning. Spontaneous heat build-up is also reduced.
Fits all rotary buffers with M14 diameter (Euro) shaft.