GreenZ Denim Orange Peel Removal Pad
GreenZ Denim Orange Peel Removal Pad is specifically designed for Orange Peel Removal from a OEM paint surface as well as repainted panels. Sanding is a complex process to even an experienced professional detailer, removing sanding marks is another headache. You can now remove or substantially reduce orange peel in the top layer without sanding using our GreenZ Heavy Cut Compound 350. While removing orange peel and deep defects you are also polishing the paint rather than leaving sanding marks which reduces the steps needed afterwards.
- Reduce Orange Peel and deep defects while simultaneously polishing paint
- Equivalent to 2000 grit sandpaper with out the dulling of paint and sanding haze
- Reduce Orange Peel without sanding
- Orange peel removal without the haze generated by sanding
- Polish the paint while removing the ridges of orange peel
- Less dust and clean up prior to finishing polish
- Denim is the most aggressive pad type in our line-up and it is used to remove Orange Peel, P1200 or finer sanding scratches, dust nibs, severe oxidation, over-spray and deep etchings.
- Sewn bevelled edges greatly improves the lifespan of pads made of denim.
- Attach to hook & loop backing plate with rotary polisher for best results.
- Apply a few drops to paint or pad according to your skills and preference
- Work a 2' x 2' section or larger to keep heat down as needed but remember the larger the area the more time it will take to level orange peel and defects.
- Begin working polish on low speed for a pass.
- Step up speed to approximately 1100 rpm (adjust as needed)
- With proper lighting observe the level of orange peel removal while you work noting precise surface contact without pressure to level ridges.
- After completing each section wipe off paint with soft microfiber towel
- Brush pad in direction of fibers to remove residue
- Apply a couple more drops of polish for next section
- Switch out pads as needed when cut has been compromised and set aside to clean by hand.
- Spray cleaning solution on face of pad.
- Brush with Pad cleaning brush
- Rinse face of pad.
- Allow to dry before next use
- Note that these pads are the equivalent of 2000 grit sandpaper
- Please only use these pads if you are sure the orange peel is in the upper (clear coat) and not the color coat layer
- Be careful near edges and body lines or avoid completely if you are not entirely secure in your knowledge of heavy defect removal
- Do not use without sufficient skill level knowledge of clear coat thickness in conjunction with a paint thickness gauge
PLEASE NOTE: Use NO PRESSURE and observe the paint temperature often.
DO NOT USE WITHOUT PAINT GAUGE UNLESS YOU HAVE TAKEN RESPONSIBILITY FOR MOVING FORWARD WITHOUT ONE.